Re: [Anjuta-list] Cannot create GNOME project with 0.1.6, and some newbie queries

Biswa wrote:
> I could see from the archives that this has already been discussed
> (Cannot create gnome project - autogen error) - however, I could not

> find a definitive solution to this - can anyone suggest anything in
this
> regard ? I'm using 0.1.6 compiled from source on a stock RH 7.1
machine.

There is no definitive solution to this right now. A bug report has
been raised, I've done some diagnosis and established that the error
resides in the 'make install' process not installing certain files in
the right place. Stef and I talked about it on #anjuta last night, and
he was waiting to talk to Naba about the problem.

In the meantime, anyone that can help us to track this down, please
post here or update the bug report on SF, we need to get it fixed asap.

> Another thing, can anyone point me to a CVS tarball (I cannot access
CVS
> ports through the corporate firewall) - I'd like to try it out to
report
> bugs and maybe contribute if possible (total absence of GUI
programming
> skills notwithstanding :-)

No CVS tarballs at present, although if there is sufficient demand I
might be able to set up the SF project page to generate them on a
nightly or weekly basis... this is usually no problem when the project
CVS lives on the SF server, but since Anjuta's CVS repository is the
GNOME server, this might be a bit tricky to set up.

You'll find GNOME GUI skills are easy to pick up :-)

> Some document on the current code structure
> and where does one start might be useful (is any such thing exists ?)

The HACKING file in the distribution contains the beginnings of this...
we need to expand it a lot more, though!

Andy

--
http://www.andypiper.co.uk/