Re: [anjuta-devel] How to debug this issue?

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 22:38:52 -0400
Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:

However, on the first one I execute the program without any errors, on the
second one - I'm receiving an error - "library cannot be found".

Possibly, you are calling a function from some library which is only loaded
on execution. I've never seen the error message "library cannot be found"
literally. Is this the exact message? There should be more information about
which library is missing.

If you *have* the library, then it is possible it can't be found, because
the library search path does not include the library where it is installed.

Which language? C, C++ or Python?

Do a

   ldd executable

in the src directory of your project ('executable' the name of your project)
It'll show all libraries your program is linked against.

Do a

   echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to check the path. If nothing appears, only /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib will
be searched (if I recall correctly).

John