Re: [anjuta-devel] Summer of Code-2013: My Ideas for Anjuta

Thank you for the reply. I'm working on getting the Anjuta source, and will start off with fixing a few bugs.

 Is there already another program implementing something similar to your proposal?
I couldn't find anything. There's 'Programmer's Diary' which is a little similar, but it comes as a separate software rather than an IDE integration, and is only for Windows.

In the past, Anjuta had a todo plugin but it has been removed during the switch to Gtk+3 because it seems that few people were using it and it was not maintain.
Okay.

Could you describe a bit what is a task-focused interface?
While working with large projects, programmers can list out the 'tasks' that they wish to complete, make corresponding notes and link them with relevant files/websites/portions of code, making the task-list more informative and the code easier to work with. (see
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task-focused_interface)

I think you mean blogging directly from Anjuta. I don't see why it will be better to do this inside Anjuta but there are already a few ideas related to this on Anjuta roadmap page. Could you explain a bit?
I apologize for the mistake.
I reconsidered blog feature, and think that it's not really needed. It will make the IDE cumbersome and bloated.

This is in the roadmap too and I think it can be useful too
 I checked the Anjuta Roadmap page and also find some other ideas interesting ("A one click start hacking feature" and "Online sharing of symbol-db files"). Are the ideas mentioned there currently being worked on?

Thanks.
Varad