Re: [anjuta-devel] Sharing code between Nemiver and Anjuta

On 06/05/2013 01:55 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi,

Le 05/06/2013 22:33, Hubert Figuière a écrit :
On 05/06/13 04:00 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
I'm a developer of Anjuta and I will be interested to share more code
between Nemiver and Anjuta.
You mean you are ready to use C++ in Anjuta code base?

That's an issue but that's fine for me. I think C++ has some advantages
comparing to C. But the minimal common denominator for Gtk is still C
and I don't see it changing.
I agree. I would like to see Anjuta use a proper object-oriented
language, especially in places like the version control plugins where
objects are used extensively. Using a language with proper object
support would make the code easier to read and write.

But, Anjuta has always used C whenever possible, and it's generally been
a policy of ours to stick to it to keep the codebase consistent. It
might be worthwhile to consider moving the entire Anjuta codebase to an
OO language like C++ so we can take advantage of its features and keep
the code consistent.

Thanks,
James