Re: [anjuta-devel] Adding some filtering mechanism for plugin

Hi Johannes,

Le 02/06/2013 11:17, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
Do we have some plans how a "GNOME IDE" feature set could look like so
that we could work in that direction and see if we can make this working
with the current functionality?

There are no clear plans. I have understood that the goal is have something customized specifically for GNOME applications and only for this. It's still not clear what in a GNOME applications and how it could be written even without and IDE. But it's quite different from Anjuta goal which is trying to provide an easier access to various tools without enforcing a specific work flow. So I think it is mandatory to be able to hide this flexibility.

Another point is the project management. Basically should we use autotools or not for GNOME applications? I haven't been able to get a clear answer to that but I think it would be better to use a different project format that we can control as other IDE. Instead of writing another new format, I think we can try to use BuildJ and see if it's really better. Aberrahim is interested by that.

Then, there are some discussion about the user interface which doesn't look good but without much proposals. The code completion could be improved too. It would be really nice to be able to provide a link with the documentation. Improving support for java script would be really useful too. I have searched for a debugger but I haven't found one, I have a bit the impression that printf is used most of the time.

I have found a page discussing about GNOME IDE here:
https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/IDE
It's at the beginning, I'm not sure Anjuta has been taken into consideration at that point.

My goal is to continue improving Anjuta. This could be useful for this "GNOME IDE". I will keep an eye on it but I will not push in this direction. Then if there are people interested, I'm quite open for discussion.