Re: [anjuta-devel] bugzilla plugin

On 04/22/2013 02:33 PM, Johannes Schmid wrote:
Hi Sébastien!

By example, if this plugin is loaded, I think it would be useful to have
in the git log pane an option to send a commit to bugzilla. Is it
possible to do this currently?

In the opposite, if there is pane to display bugzilla comments, it would
be nice to be able to apply this patch with a few clicks.

Basically there is git-bz[1] which can be used to directly append
commits as patches to bugs (and some more) and there is probably some
interface to interact with bugzilla directly.

What would be useful IMHO:https://live.gnome.org/Git/CommitMessages
 * Automaticly upload patches to bugzilla and/or close bug
 * If the commit message follows some convention[2] prompt the user if
this should be uploaded as a patch (and if the bug should be closed)
 * Easy configuration for git-bz account
 * Receive the list of patches from a specific bug and apply them
 * Add comments to bugs

Most of this can be done with git-bz magic, shouldn't be too difficult
but it might be hard to get the UI right. As it only makes sense for git
it maybe should be part of the git plugin.

These seem like a good set of features, but AFAIK a lot of other IDE's,
like NetBeans and Eclipse. also have this support for not just git, but
Subversion, and maybe even CVS, too. I have no idea how they do this,
but I'm sure we could figure it out. I'm going to have my hands full for
3.10, so I probably won't be able to get to this until 3.12 at thea
earliest, at least as far as version control integration goes.

As it is, the git plugin is already pretty complicated. Besides,
wouldn't we want to have these facilities available to the Subversion
plugin as well?

Other than that, I love the idea of having Bugzilla integration with
version control.

Thanks,
James