Re: [anjuta-devel] Automatically add project sources files when committing files

Hi James,

On 02/05/12 02:43 N.H., James Liggett wrote:
> 1. User creates a project
> 2. User loads the git plugin
> 3. The git plugin looks for new project files and runs git add
> on them
> 4. User tweaks the index if necessary and then commits the new
> project skeleton.
> Do I have this right?

Not exactly, it's different from Arnel's idea.

Currently in the commit dialog, there is 2 categories in the Repository Status list box: "Changes to be committed" and "Changed but not updated". I would like to have a third category "New files to be added" containing all project source files not already on git.If these files are checked, the git plugin will add them in the index and commit them.

So nothing is done automatically, the user still select every added file.

It's working all the time not only for new project. It will be more difficult to forget to commit new files on git (it happens again last week to me) because you will see them in this list.

There is no need to have the check box "add to repository" in the new file and new class dialog because you will get it in the Repository Status list box.

I need to add project files (configure.ac and Makefile.am) in the project source files, so it will allow to commit them even if the user doesn't really know them (they are created by Anjuta).

It doesn't matter if you compile the project before because the project plugin know all source files.

I think it will mostly solve Arnel's issue, because in your first commit after creating the project, all files created by the project wizard should appear in this new category. You can click on "Select All" and you get the right result.

Contrary to Arnel's idea, my idea doesn't solve the issue of creating the git repository (run "git init"). I don't know if it's possible to do it currently with the graphical interface. Perhaps we can do it automatically if the user uses the commit dialog on a project which is not a git repository.