Re: [anjuta-devel] Clang and the include files

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
Hi!

> What am I doing wrong? I couldn't find an answer on the world wide web.
> (Google probably know not everything. ;-))

Is clang compiled with g++? Then you definitly want to #include
<cstdarg> in any C++ file because this is what the C++ standard refers
to.

Assuming that your code compiles fines under gcc but fails with clang, this is what you should do:

clang requires all include paths to be set on its command line (unlike gcc/++, you need to specify *all* the include paths for the "standard" files)
you can get a complete list of path by running this command line from the terminal:

 gcc -v -x c++ /dev/null -fsyntax-only

this will output some information about the gcc including the include paths:

#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /usr/include/c++/4.6
 /usr/include/c++/4.6/x86_64-linux-gnu/.
 /usr/include/c++/4.6/backward
 /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/include
 /usr/local/include
 /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/include-fixed
 /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
 /usr/include

so you need to pass these paths to clang for it to work properly