Re: [anjuta-devel] Another question - on configure files

Hi John,

Le 11/11/2011 16:48, John Coppens a écrit :
In one or two projects, each time I run 'configure' (through the build
menuitem), I get the message:
"Before using this configuration, the default one needs to be removed.
Do you want to do that?"

Even if I answer 'Yes', the next project configuration change the same
dialog pops up. Where is the logic in this? Anjuta already changed the
configure file once before. Why does it needs to confirm each time?
And what causes this dialog to appear in the first place?

Un autotools project can be built in the source directory or in a separate build directory. This can be selected in the configuration dialog, the default configuration uses the source directory, while all other configurations uses a different build directory.

But if the project has already been built in the source directory, it cannot be built in another build directory. So you need to remove all objects files in the source directory. Anjuta does it automatically but ask a confirmation to do it.

Then, I don't know why you get this question every time. Perhaps the cleaning of the source directory are left some files behind and Anjuta considers that the source directory is not clean. Or you switch between the Default and another configuration