Re: [anjuta-devel] Anjuta aesthetic improvements

Hi!

I've attached some before and after screen-shots along with the patches.
I tried to split them up in a way that you can cherry pick what you are
interested in (if at all).

In this patch set, I tackled the following:

 * Add "primary-toolbar" to the anjuta window.
 * Adjust preferences dialog so that Close button and dialog contents
   outer lines are aligned appropriately. Also make sure close button
   does not collide with window resize grip.
 * Alter layout of Installed Plugins page to maximize vertical space.
 * Alter padding and alignments within shortcuts page to match others.

Thanks a lot, I think that all this looks much better. I don't really
have a eye for good design so I appreciate everybody looking into it.
Especially now that gtk+ has some more theming features.

Additionally, I made a quick patch to Gdl to set appropriate
GtkJunctionSides on the GtkToggleButton children used in GdlSwitcher. I
didn't see a mailing list for Gdl and Anjuta seems to be the primary
user, so I've included a patch and screenshot of the result as well.

Cool! The screenshot looks nice. It might need some testings for the
different button alignments but I guess you took care of that already.

Also, if you would like me to file bugs and attach patches there, I can
do that. I was really interested in getting feedback on whether this is
desired first.

It is often easier to use bugzilla because patches on mailing list tend
to be forgotten and bugzilla has a nice review feature so I would
appreciate if you could attach the patches to bugs in anjuta / gdl. It's
ok, if you attach them all to one bug.

In addition, the mailing list blocks mails with many picture because of
the size limit and we always should take care of people having a slower
internet connection.

Unfortunately we are in code-freeze for the 3.0 release for the next two
weeks so this cannot be merged instantly but I would really like to see
more of this!

Thanks really a lot! This is an awesome contribution!