[anjuta-devel] 2.32 is released - what's next!

Hi everybody!

First, thank you for all your work you put into that release. I think it
is the best release we ever did and the project is constantly improving.

So, what's next?
First, gnome-2-32 branch was created where all bug-fixing for the stable
version should happen. master will target GNOME 3.0 now which might be a
kind of rough target. That means we will have to port some stuff from
gconf to GSettings, fix remaining issues with gtk+-3.0 and possibly move
away from libunique to G(tk)Application once that is kind of settled down.

This is actually all pretty boring and won't give us much new features as
of now. Same stands for a possible migration to libpeas for the plugin
management.

So, let's talk about the more user-visible stuff:
* This cycle we should finally be able to merge the new project-manager
which should give a much smoother experience hopefully. Sébastien has
already worked on that for quite some time.

* The new git-shell should make it into master to, I must admit though
that I haven't checked the status for quite some time.

Other things we really want to fix:
* The whole search plugin definitly needs a refresh/rewrite (volunteers???)
* There were a lot of infrastructure improvements in symbol-db that we
need to benefit more now with autocompletion and pkg-config management
* Tutorial documentation is badly needed and will hopefully be done during
the hackfest in december.
* For 3.0 we might need to update the project templates a lot
* Some improvements in the glade integration need to be done

That's it for now. Feel free to add more things but be sure to only add
stuff that YOU take care of or that can be considered bugs (in which case
it's better to add them in bugzilla).

Be prepared to need some kind of jhbuild environment for master rather soon.