Re: [anjuta-devel] GSettings migration

Hi,

On 10/20/2010 11:43 PM, Johannes Schmid wrote:
Hi!

Having only gtksourcerview can make the maintenance easier, but on the
other side it can limit user's choice for editor. Personally I'm a
Scintilla fan and I'd really like to help keeping up with gtk+ 3.0
support. The only problem is the time: I'm not sure I can serve both
symbol-db/c++ parser/lsp-c++ and scintilla maintenance.

As I said before I am in no way opposed still supporting the scintilla
editor but I cannot do the maintaince. Sebastien and you have done that
in the past, if you can port it to 3.0 and GSettings I see no problem.

I'll try to do my best as soon as gtk 3.0 is released. I'll contact Scintilla author and maybe give him help with the porting.

Shouldn't be that difficult if it is the only thing missing for you.

Yeah it's the only stopper for me. I know I'm a bit niggler but I've always been used to have my custom syntax highlighting, so...

Maybe I will have a look into that but I am not sure yet how to properly
install a custom theme. Maybe it can just be saved in the
~/.gtksourceview dir or something like that.

the xmls are usually placed under /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/styles/

regards,
Massimo