Re: [anjuta-devel] 2.32 is released - what's next!

Hi all,
                 في ث، 28-09-2010 عند 10:03 +0200 ، كتب Johannes Schmid:
Hi everybody!

First, thank you for all your work you put into that release. I think it
is the best release we ever did and the project is constantly improving.

So, what's next?
First, gnome-2-32 branch was created where all bug-fixing for the stable
version should happen. master will target GNOME 3.0 now which might be a
kind of rough target. That means we will have to port some stuff from
gconf to GSettings, fix remaining issues with gtk+-3.0 and possibly move
away from libunique to G(tk)Application once that is kind of settled down.

This is actually all pretty boring and won't give us much new features as
of now. Same stands for a possible migration to libpeas for the plugin
management.
Add to this list GObject-Introspection annotations, they are boring but
can serve as minimal documentation if there is nothing to say. (I'll try
to help with this one but I think everyone should help annotate the
interfaces they use).

So, let's talk about the more user-visible stuff:
* This cycle we should finally be able to merge the new project-manager
which should give a much smoother experience hopefully. Sébastien has
already worked on that for quite some time.
* The new git-shell should make it into master to, I must admit though
that I haven't checked the status for quite some time.
Both seem to be really promising.

Other things we really want to fix:
* The whole search plugin definitly needs a refresh/rewrite (volunteers???)
I agree, although I'm not sure I can find time for this.

Regards,
Abderrahim