Re: [anjuta-devel] Backport of python support to 2.30 possible?

Hi Markus

(sorry, saw you question yesterday on IRC but you were already gone when
I paid attention.=

I would really like to try out Anjuta for my development, but Ubuntu for some reason doesn't ship the libs
necessary for 2.32, so I was wandering:
Is it possible to backport python support to 2.30? If so, how much of an effort would it be?

In general we never backport features to (old) stable versions as those
are in bug-fixing only mode. In the specific case, the whole completion
infrastruction changed so it is basically impossible.

But you can simply wait for Ubuntu 10.10 or use the current beta version
of 10.10 (same of course for Fedora 14 and the next OpenSuSE release)
which will include version 2.32 of anjuta. Another possibility is to
build it inside jhbuild.