[anjuta-devel] New project-manager and symbol-db

Hi!

There seems to be a bug in the way the project-manager and symbol-db
work together. Basically the whole project is rescanned on each
start-up. Don't know exactly why this happens.

It also seems that something is causing anjuta to be very slow in the
10s after a big project was opened. I expect the symbol-db to do some
(probably unnecessary) work but not sure.

Another important point is the way we interact with pkg-config.
Currently the project-manager queries the files like the symbol-db which
means that all include directories are scanned (e.g. gtk+ scans for
include/gtk-2.0 include/glib-2.0 include/gobject-2.0, etc.).

With the --print-requires switch we are able to sort these paths out to
only get those files to belonging to the particular packages. But I am
not sure how we should interact with the project-manager there and how
the project-manager would work together with symbol-db.

I don't know if a tree like this would be acceptable for the
project-manager:

-> MODULE
 -> GTK
   ->gtk+-2.0
     ->gtk-only files
     ->glib-2.0
       ->glib files
     ->atk-2.0
       ->...

out of this source: PKG_CONFIG_MODULE (GTK, gtk+-2.0).

The other issue still open is with packages that return something like
"/usr/include" as the include path, while their real files are inside
"/usr/include/<package_name>.
The idea is to have some (hard-coded) mapping for such packages. That
isn't really nice but would solve the problem and is easy to implement.
It is a bit of a pain to maintain of course.