[anjuta-devel] sqlite3 dependency?

I saw that there's a reference to sqlite3.h somewhere in anjuta/plugins/symbol-db/benchmark/sqlite.
This means anjuta depends on libsqlite3-dev (according to Debian package names), but during configure no requirement was present for pkg-config. Is there something missing that needs to be put in, maybe an explicit requirement for sqlite3?
Regards,
Ishan

p.s.: I had libgda4.1.17 installed, yet it didn't require sqlite3 and hence it wasn't installed.