[anjuta-devel] using symbol-db session packages

Hi,
For the language-support-vala plugin to work correctly, it needs a list
of packages (assuming it can find the vapi file for a package, but
that's another issue). Right now, I'm using
ianjuta_project_manager_get_packages to find the needed packages, but
that's not always enough (for example, language-support-vala itself
depends on libanjuta-1.0 which isn't in the list returned by the project
manager).

So I'm trying to find a better way to handle this. Specifically, I need
a place to store the packages and an elegant way for the user to set
them.
For the former, I see that symbol-db is already storing something
similar in the anjuta session. Can I use the same list or should I
rather add a new one?
For the latter, I'm thinking about something like: when the plugin is
activated (i.e. when the user opens a file) and some symbols cannot be
resolved, ask the user for additional packages. The main problem with
this approach is that the plugin can be activated and deactivated
rapidly during startup (if a vala file is open, but isn't active).
(the user may be asked for packages if Anjuta crashes and the autosave
isn't correct, but that isn't very annoying IMO).
Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Abderrahim