Re: [anjuta-devel] using symbol-db session packages

Hi,
                 في ث، 20-07-2010 عند 14:28 +0200 ، كتب Johannes Schmid:
Hi!

I am currently moving the symbol-db stuff into language-support-cpp-java
because that is where it belongs as it is C/C++ specific.
Yes, that makes sense.

I think for Vala it would be much easier to just scan the source files for
"import" statements and loads those libraries from vapi/gi files. I think
that's how the javascript plugin works.
The problem is that Vala doesn't have such 'import' statements. There
are only 'using' statements which are optional (you can just use fully
qualified names) and there is no easy way to map namespaces to packages
(although can try guessing e.g. for namespace Anjuta, we try looking for
regex "(lib)?anjuta-\d.\d"). Gir namespaces map more accurately to Vala,
but they are still not widely used and have some incompatibilities.

Abderrahim