[anjuta-devel] [class-gen] JavaScript Wizard

Hi mentor, hi Anjuta developers,

Today I started to work on the JavaScript wizard for Anjuta, and I am seeking
a basic direction for this task.

Do I "only" have to provide the possibility to create basic JavaScript classes
with methods and variables, etc, etc.? Hmm, seriously I cannot think of a
single use-case of a bare-bone JavaScript class in Anjuta. Please, please feel
welcomed to heal my ignorance.

It makes more sense to me to provide a class wizard for a GNOME JS library
like Seed [1], or GJS [2], where Seed seems to be better documented and
developed, and GJS seems to be binding only.

[1] live.gnome.org/Seed
[2] live.gnome.org/Gjs

Here is how a Seed class would look like for me:

    HelloLabel = new GType({
        parent: Gtk.Label,
        name: "HelloLabel",
        signals: [{name: "say-hello"}],
        init: function(klass){
            this.text = "Hello" // Hello labels always say hello.
        }
    });

    HelloLabel.prototype.say_goodbye = function(){this.text = "Goodbye"};

Now, I haven't got any experience with Seed, so I will continue my research on
this topic.

I looked at the Project wizard's JavaScript project template of Anjuta, and
it looks like this:

    const GLib = imports.gi.GLib;

    function start() {
        print("Hello World!");
    }

Any examples of real projects?

I would be very thankful to know if I am heading into the right direction, or
if not.

Need to get some sleep now.

Kind regards,
Kenny