Re: [anjuta-devel] New project-manager and symbol-db

Hi Johannes,

Le 01/12/2010 11:29, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
I investigated this a bit. Basically the problem is that while the
worker thread of the am-project plugin runs independant from the UI,
there is an idle handler that calls and additional complete method in
the main thread.

There are currently some issue with the project manager when you reload the project. That's the crash that James see when changing git branch. I'm currently working on it because it could give some troubles even when the project is not reloaded.

I don't know if this complete method has to be run in the main thread
but currently it's taking up too much time and blocks the ui for several
seconds which is not acceptable.

The complete method is responsible for creating tree nodes. I think it's not possible to make it run outside the main thread. Now, perhaps I can call the main event loop from time to time, or create only the visible tree nodes.