Re: Mapping dependencies between Gnome modules

Daniel M German wrote:
 Dave> Hi Daniel,

 Dave> Have a look at jhbuild,n which will give you this dependency
 Dave> information, as well as with "blessed" external dependencies.

 Dave> Cheers,
 Dave> Dave.

Check this paper:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1339262.1339488&coll=&dl=ACM

It explains where the data is. available also here:

http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/wcre.pdf

A GSofC student is improving the software I wrote to do this. It should
be available in few weeks. In the meantime run dpkg. It has an option to
create (what I call) the instance of the dependency graph for a given
installation (withouth what I call abstract dependencies).

 Dave> Daniel Dewey wrote:
 >> Hi guys! This list seems somewhat empty, but I'll give it a try anyway.
 >> ~Daniel

Dave> -- Dave> Dave Neary
 Dave> GNOME Foundation member
 Dave> bolsh gnome org

Hi,

Thanks for the dpkg tip, but I have found that Debian packages and Gnome modules don't tend to correspond particularly closely to one another (there is often no Debian package for a Gnome module). That software sounds great for Debian dependencies though.

I was able to find the XML files JHBuild uses for Gnome's dependencies and that takes care of my needs for now:
http://svn.gnome.org/svn/jhbuild/trunk/modulesets/

~Daniel

ps- I also got an error (pdf was corrupted) on http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/wcre.pdf