Re: [xml] When will you support xml version 1.1?

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 16:29 +1000, Michael Day wrote:
[...]
I think that the changes required to support XML 1.1 would go so deep
into the implementation that it could actually be easier to fork libxml2
and have two separate libraries, one for XML 1.0 and one for XML 1.1.

Are you sure you're not thinking about XPath 1.0 and 2.0 here?  The
changes for XML 1.0/1.1 are very small in terms of code, and there
are very few productions in the Spec grammar that are affected.

In practice, having two incompatible versions of XML also makes life
difficult for applications; if you generate XML 1.1, other applications
might not be able to read it,
If they have an XML 1.1 parser they can read it

 and if you accept XML 1.1 you can't safely
save it as XML 1.0 as it might use forbidden characters in markup.
In which case you raise an error.

Your argument would say no-one should ever implement anything new.
This is nologic, not yeslogic :-)

But there's no use us discussing it further, it sounds as if right
now Daniel won't even accept a patch for it (even if I had the
time to write & test one, which alas I don't)

Liam