Re: [xml] Validating Schemata

On Thursday 11 November 2004 15:49, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:10:50PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
Hello,

I want to validate my Schemata sometimes, simply to ensure no silly
mistakes have been made. I don't want to validate a document instance,
but simply tell xmllint to barf if my Schema isn't a Schema. Is this
possible?

  if the schemas doesn't compile, it will tell you.

Right, if I validate a document with the Schema. But if I don't want to
validate a document, but only validate the Schema? Like this? :

xmllint --noout --schema file.xsd

(Note the absence of a xml document)

No, it doesn't work, but it gets my point through.

Also, is it an idea to validate Schematas against the W3C's XML Schema
Schema[1]?

  all Schema for Schema published I know of are broken anyway I don't
think they ever fixed the bug I reported [1]

I remember vaguely a discussion where it was stated it was
something principally wrong with validating Schemata. xmllint, 2.6.14,
fails on the Schema, anyway.

  Which version of the Schema ?

This one:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd

With the output:

bash-2.05b$ xmllint --schema /tmp/XMLSchema.xsd Severities.xsd --noout
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5586
/tmp/XMLSchema.xsd:761: element element: Schemas parser error : Element
'element': A global element declaration with the name 'element' does already
exist.
/tmp/XMLSchema.xsd:974: element element: Schemas parser error : Element
'element': A global element declaration with the name 'group' does already
exist.
WXS schema /tmp/XMLSchema.xsd failed to compile
bash-2.05b$

I'm upgrading to 2.6.16.

Cheers,

                Frans