Re: [xml] Validating Schemata

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:10:50PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:

Hello,

I want to validate my Schemata sometimes, simply to ensure no silly mistakes
have been made. I don't want to validate a document instance, but simply tell
xmllint to barf if my Schema isn't a Schema. Is this possible?

  if the schemas doesn't compile, it will tell you.

Also, is it an idea to validate Schematas against the W3C's XML Schema
Schema[1]?

  all Schema for Schema published I know of are broken anyway I don't
think they ever fixed the bug I reported [1]

I remember vaguely a discussion where it was stated it was
something principally wrong with validating Schemata. xmllint, 2.6.14, fails
on the Schema, anyway.

  Which version of the Schema ?

Daniel

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2002AprJun/0004.html