[xml] Building libxml2 for DGUX

Is anyone currently using libxml2 on DGUX?

I've just been thrown into a project where a previous incumbent (now
departed) managed to compile and build the libxml2 libraries for a Data
General box. They left without documenting how this was done.

I'm now trying to use these libraries with a larger system (which has been
running successfully for weeks on Solaris) , and get runtime errors on DGUX
as follows:

(dbx) where
Frame 0, pc 0x80049d80 (realloc+988)
Frame 1, pc 0x8004a3ff (realloc+2651)
Frame 2, pc 0x8004986e (free+554)
Frame 3, pc 0x800495fe (malloc+74)
Frame 4, line 1109, routine xmlStrndup(cur=0x08056d84 -> "AA1537", len=6),
file parser.c
Error: Attempt to access invalid register, $edx.
Frame 5, line 1138, routine xmlStrdup(cur=), file parser.c
Error: Attempt to access invalid register, $ecx.
Error: Attempt to access invalid register, $edx.
Frame 6, line 1520, routine xmlStrcat(cur=, add=), file parser.c
Frame 7, line 947, routine xmlNodeListGetString(doc=0x080ded38,
list=0x080deea8, inLine=1), file tree.c

So it would be nice to have a known build of the libraries that we can run
dbx against. Unfortunately, having run the default ./configure command, a
subsequent 'make' yields the following:

[jock] /home/ianf/xml/libxml2-2.4.5) make
Makefile subshell.__DGUX__
UX:ksh: ERROR: syntax error at line 1 : `end of file' unexpected
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
UX:sed: ERROR: Unrecognized command: $(transform)
Make: line 481: syntax error.  Stop.
[jock] /home/ianf/xml/libxml2-2.4.5) UX:ksh: ERROR: make without going
through this Makefile.^J# To change the values of :  not found
UX:ksh: ERROR: config.status, edit :  not found
UX:ksh: ERROR: make);^J# (2) otherwise, pass the desired values on the :
not found
UX:awk: ERROR: Trying to access field 656
UX:awk: INFO: Input record number 1
UX:awk: INFO: Source line number 1
UX:awk: ERROR: Trying to access field 661
UX:awk: INFO: Input record number 1
UX:awk: INFO: Source line number 1
UX:ksh: ERROR: distdir:  not found
UX:ksh: ERROR: /=inst:  not found

If anyone can come up with a suggestion other than "move to another
OS/hardware platform", we would be extremely grateful.

Best wishes and kind regards,
Ian.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper info vivista co uk

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information http://www.vivista.co.uk