Re: [xml] DOM Parser + entities

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 06:18:06PM +0200, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 17:18
To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
The entity reference node types are XML_ENTITY_REF_NODE, and, from
looking at the source code, the nodes seem to be plain xmlNodes and
don't need to be casted to any other struct type.

So, 2 questions:
1. What useful things can I discover about this node other than the
name? Maybe nothing. I'm clueless.

  Well an entity REF points though content to an entity DECL,
see xmlEntityPtr / struct _xmlEntity , after the usual
navigation fields you will find

Thanks. Does that mean that I should cast the xmlNode* (of type
XML_ENTITY_REF_NODE) to an xmlEntity* ?

  For a reference, no, the only field used are name, content and
the navigation stuff, no cast should be needed.

Daniel