Re: [Vala] Getting results from an async callback

The number of people working on similar stuff with similar tools is
really, really small! :D I know Stephen from a bug report against
PackageKit and you from the PackageKit ML :-)
For Listaller, we need sync calls because PackageKit uses sync calls
internally and Listaller is plugged into PackageKit to perform
software-management tasks as root. So you'll find some unusual ways to
call PackageKit for unusual tasks there. (but most conceps can be
easily applied to other projects, I'm also thinking if a async API
would make sense for frontend developers. (LI frontends are integrated
into PK frontends and Software-Centers (usually only a few new lines
of code are needed to support non-root installations if PK is already
used) - for GNOME-PackageKit having async API would be good...)
Having a "libappstore" is imho a very good idea, I also thought of
writing that lib later (I am busy with PackageKit, AppStream and the
Ubuntu Software Center at time) - Are you doing that lib
cross-distributional? (Very important for me ^^)
@list: Sorry for the OT
Cheers,
   Matthias