Re: [Vala] Was GNOME Panel applet example removed?

On 08/31/2011 12:52 PM, Alessandro Pellizzari wrote:
Il giorno mar, 30/08/2011 alle 22.40 +0300, Tal Hadad ha scritto:

However, GNOME3 has different opinions among users.
So I think that it's wrong to remove examples just because GNOME moved on.

Totally agree.

Moreover, there is a fork of gnome2 (mate), and I think gnome2 and
eventually mate will be used for at least 3-4 years from now.

Bye.

Hi,

due to some demand on this mailing list I have re-added the Panel
applet example and created a page where deprecated stuff can go:

  https://live.gnome.org/Vala/DeprecatedSamples

Also, I have added a note + link on the GTK+ example page with
information on how to find the old GTK+ 2 sample code:

  https://live.gnome.org/Vala/GTKSample

Best regards,

Frederik