Re: [Vala] Was GNOME Panel applet example removed?

On 08/30/2011 03:48 PM, Luca Bruno wrote:
Was it too hard to add a "This is deprecated/old/bad/broken warning"
and add the new example in the same page?

In my understanding the examples are targeted at developers writing
new code. So I think it's better not to teach deprecated APIs. I did
not mean to irritate anybody. I believe that in order to maintain a
high quality of the examples it is necessary to remove old stuff at
some point, to prevent the wiki from crowding with cruft. In my
opinion no sample is better than a broken sample.

I could have added a warning, but then I should have done the same for
other Vala code examples that I did transition to newer APIs in the
past (GNet -> GIO, dbus-glib -> GDBus, GConf -> GSettings, Gee 0.3 ->
Gee 0.5, GTK+ 2 -> GTK+ 3).

Best regards,

Frederik