Re: [Vala] Custom array free functions

On 2011-04-26 17:45, Luca Bruno wrote:
[...]
There's no such support in vala, as I said you can use pointers and call the
free function manually.

OK. I do think it would be a useful thing to have.

As far as Vala-centric bindings go, is it preferable in this sort of situation to pass raw pointers back to the application, or else duplicate the array and pass back a true Vala array? Raw pointers does have the advantage of perfomance, but if I wanted to write in C I wouldn't be using Vala...

│
│ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL