Re: [Vala] Custom array free functions

On 2011-04-26 09:57, Luca Bruno wrote:
[...]
Are you experiencing any crash? XFree() is just Xfree() which is just free().

Is this guaranteed? Is it also guaranteed that g_free() is just a wrapper around free(), and not a glib-specific memory allocator?

I'd still like to know whether Vala has any language support to help me with this. For example, whether I can tag an array type with the function to use for freeing it. There are lots of libraries that use this kind of idiom and it would make doing bindings much easier.

│
│ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL