Re: [Vala] Dbus, connecting a signal to an async method...

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:35:26 +0100, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
Il giorno ven, 03/12/2010 alle 17.18 +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni ha
scritto:
session_proxy.name_acquired.connect (this.name_acquired);
What I would have done is:

session_proxy.name_acquired.connect ((name) => this.name_acquired.begin(name));

Ok, cool this works thanks. However in this case the lambda should be
(p, name) => this.nameacquired.begin(p, name); ;-)

However I guess that this is just a workaround, the related bug should
be fixed!

It's not a bug. The 'async' is part of the function signature, so the
function signatures don't match and it can't be converted.

It might be a missing feature, but I think it's preferable to explicitly
require the .begin.

You can also try to pass the begin method directly (but I'm not sure it
works).

No, I tried that, but it didn't work, I got an error since the begin
return value was considered just like a void.

Hm, the begin function returns a void, but that's what the signal expects
anyway, so it seems like that one should work. That would be a bug than.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>