Re: [Vala] Dbus, connecting a signal to an async method...

Hello,

        في خ، 02-12-2010 عند 21:52 +0100 ، كتب Marco Trevisan (Treviño):
Hello, I've a situation like the one in the example that I've attached
here, where I need to make an asynchronous call to a method from a dbus
signal callback function; to perform that I need to use the yield
modifier, and so I need the callback function method should be async.

Now, when I connect the async method to the dbus interface with
somethink like:

session_proxy = (FreeDesktopDBus) connection.get_object
                      (FreeDesktopDBus.UNIQUE_NAME,
                       FreeDesktopDBus.OBJECT_PATH,
                       FreeDesktopDBus.INTERFACE_NAME);

session_proxy.name_acquired.connect (this.name_acquired);
What I would have done is:

session_proxy.name_acquired.connect ((name) => this.name_acquired.begin(name));

You can also try to pass the begin method directly (but I'm not sure it
works).

HTH,
Abderrahim