Re: [Usability] Additions to nautilus-cd-burner's interface

I'm using Gnome 2.8, but I had some comments on this too.

Right now, I find that the interface for burning lacks a lot of details,
such as those listed by Corey.  How much space is left on my disk?  Is
the disk even detected?  How much space do the current files need?

Right now, I click burn and am told the disk size needed is 1.7 GB.  So
I cancel, remove a few folders, and click burn again.  1.2 GB.  Repeat
until I get it below 700 MB (assuming the inserted disk is empty, which
as far as I can tell there's no way of knowing if it is or not until I
start to burn).  This is obviously a less than pefect way of trying to
fit files onto a CD.

How about we use the information panel of Nautilus to show us the info
of the inserted media (a basic display, with detailed media inspection
available via a drop-down widget), along with the details of the
'project' or the size of the contents in the burn:// folder.

This provides an easy way for users to see the details of inserted media
as well as the requirements for their current burn:// folder.  Perhaps
we could have this info panel auto-display when the burn:// folder is
opened?

I'm not sure about introducing another toolbar ... do you mean the
status bar of Nautilus, or another Gnome toolbar?  I'm not clear on what
you're proposing.

Kirk