Re: [Usability] nautilus, panel, and metacity not acting as if the desktop was a single entity

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 17:32 -0700, Rob Adams wrote:
> Was this randomly generated from a context-free grammar?  If not,
> someone should write a CFG for metacity complaints.  Hours of amusement
> write there.
>
> -Rob

English is not everyone's first language.  People who do not write
clear English may still make very valid points.

The idea that icons should be only in a single place on the
desktop, not always in all workspaces, seems to me to be sensible.

The metaphor may become that the computer screen is a "viewport"
hovering over a small portion of a larger desktop.  So this is
maybe related to the question of whether to support viewports
or workspaces.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C XML Activity Lead, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin