Fwd: [Usability] Technical language in applet menus

> On 5/7/05, Mystilleef <mystilleef gmail com> wrote:
> > 1). Stop screensaver process
> > 2). Restart screensaver process

The process is not needed really, my thoughts were (as I should have
mentioned in my first post)
1. Stop/Disable Screensaver (though now I'm leaning towards Disable)
then if screensaver is disabled unshade
2. Restart Screensaver

>...or implicitly enable the process when a screensaver is selected,
>and disable it when no screensaver is selected.
True, but users may wish to prevent the screensaver from locking the
screen. e.g. when they want to walk away from the computer whilst its
downloading a large file, but not have to unlock the screen everytime
they want to check whether the download is complete. An alternative to
disabling the screensaver, would be an option to disable the locking
of the screen. any thoughts??
---
tom.c