Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 14:31, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> said:
>
> Good stuff all around thanks calum :)
>
> <snip>
>
> > Perhaps the GNOME folks should get their user model straight (objects vs
> > actions), then leave well enough alone. If they try to change it, users
> > that use other computer systems too (virtually all GNOME users I expect)
> > will hate the difference.
>
> Well I whole heartedly agree with this statement. I don't have a good enough
> background in the area of motor skill development to really grasp the
> intricacies of this issue. My main issue currently is that click behavior
> should be consistent. Right now sometimes i have to click once other times
> twice ( i suspect this is one reason i use single click mode in nautilus
> currently, though I be willing to give it up for internal consistency in
> gnome). Particularly confusing are the differences between the panel and
> nautilus. An icon on the panel requires only a single click, but drag that
> same launcher to the desktop and it now requires a double click.

Are you suggesting that launchers be made double click to make gnome
more consistent? or are you suggesting that nautilus be made single
click?

Personally i really don't like the inconsistency between the panel and
the desktop/file manager. But I am of the opinion that the whole thing
should be single click. Of course something as big as that would require
a bit of a'uld usibility testing, but I really cannot see any drawbacks
of single click one you get used to it.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

	   [ My Weblog: http://advogato.org/person/sisob ]