Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 12:35, usability-request gnome org wrote:
> From: Tom Insam <tom jerakeen org>
> To: Usability <usability gnome org>
> Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???
> Date: 10 Dec 2002 14:24:52 +0000
>
> On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 14:02, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > We do have backspace to select the parent node, though... perhaps we
> > could also implement Shift-Backspace or something to select+collapse the
> > parent node.  File a bug :)
>
> oooh, ok, now I know this, life gets much nicer.
>
> Ok, how about '=' expands the node as well? Or does this do something I
> haven't noticed yet? Seems silly to have to hold down shift.

A word of warning about that before you file a bug:

Think about internaational keyboards. I'm typing at a US-keyboard, where
the  '+' and  '=' characters are in the  same key ('+'is shifted). I
have an ES-keyboard nearby, where the '=' is shift+'0', and there's a
key with '+' and '*' and ']' ('*'  is shifted, ']' is AltGr'ed). I'm not
sure, but I think LA-keyboards where different... so careful about how
these things affect internationalization.

	Daniel

--
In a world that is Free and Open, who needs Windows and Gates?