Re: Doing some cleanups...

Am Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:36:34 +0900 (JST)
schrieb Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com>:

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:51:26 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> > I'm doing some cleanups while we're in freeze (in fact I always did,
> > but this time it will be noticeable). There's already some
> > re-structuring in sawfish.gtk.*, which won't hurt anyone.
>
> Most important bug: open configurator -> Window rules -> add.  There
> appear strings "unknown widget". I don't have a slightest guess what
> they are.

fixed. But I can't push right now. (git.gnome.org down)

> Deleted file widget-test.jl *does* work. You have to run
> /usr/bin/rep, not sawfish-client, to invoke it. You also have to
> setup REP_LOAD_PATH like sawfish-config.
>
> It looks useful, because it allows you to test widgets in sawfish.gtk.*.
> Please revert it.

Well… I've tested it and even for widgets which do actually work in SawfishConfig, it
crashes. Regardless whether started from rep or sawfish-client. I don't know which
widgets did make it crash (tested back in august). I'll upload it to the wiki, so that
you can still access it. Either way I don't want to revert and distribute something
broken.

> From commit 75ca7fd8f
> > removed unused monitor.png
> A line in 'debian/sawfish-data.install.in' says "monitor.png". Should
> it be removed, too?

Yes.

> > More noticeably: old-window-menu and 3d-hack are gone.
>
> At least one user is using old-window-menu. It may be better to retain
> old-window-menu for the moment. (I'm not sure, since it's available on
> wiki. And s/he may be the only one in the Universe. Personally I'd
> like to be nice to him/her.)  I found it from the questionnaire.
>
> (And please read the log before deletion. You would've noticed the
> following message was added to old-window-menu this Jun.)
> ;; This is the "old" window menu. By default, beos-window-menu is used
> ;; instead. But **DON'T** remove. There sure exist those who use it,
> ;; according to a questionnaire.
>
> In fact, I've been thinking beos-window-menu should be renamed to
> window-menu, and merging old-*. But don't do that in the feature
> freeze period. It'll be in 1.7.1.
>
> Let me skip replying the toggle-or-exec & hot-spot issues until the
> release.

hot-spots was not proposed for 1.7 and tor isn't anymore.