Re: string-match and string-looking-at

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:28:43 -0600, Matthew Love wrote:
> Maybe a new defenition in lispcmds.c for 'string= that is the same as
> 'equal except it does a type-check for strings?
>
> see patch.

The patch itself is ok.

The type checking is rational, and I like it, but it is an
incompatible change.  There're more than 20 appearnces of `string=' in
Sawfish, and we can't check the consistency for all.
(In fact, it already breaks apps-menu, and the best fix is to replace
string= with `equal'.)

Let's abort.

Teika (Teika kazura)