Re: lisp error compiling git sawfish

Hi, Mark. The latest git compiled on my PC.

I don't know why it fails. Please try the following. "repo" means the
dir of your local git repository.

1.
cd repo/lisp; make clean ; cd repo ; make

If this works, it's due to some lisp leftover, or rep byte compiler
bugs which are not reproducible.

2.
cd repo; make distclean; git checkout master; ./autogen.sh ...

If you've compiled Sawfish before, this removes all previous
garbages.

3. If the above 2 fails, then please test this. To lisp/Makefile,
apply the following:
 COMPILE_ENV = SAWFISHLISPDIR=. \
              SAWFISHEXECDIR=$(top_builddir)/src/.libexec \
-             SAWFISHDOCFILE=../DOC \
-             SAWFISH_USER_LISP_DIR=
+             SAWFISHDOCFILE=../DOC
You can easily hand-edit the file. Don't forget to delete the
trailing backslash.

If any doesn't work, tell us what your platform is. Mine is Gentoo
Linux, amd64. And do the workaround:

cd repo/lisp/sawfish/wm/util
sawfish --batch -l compiler -f compile-batch prompt*
cd repo; make

By the way, this doesn't work, emitting the same error as Mark's:
$ cd repo/lisp/sawfish/wm/util/
$ sawfish --batch -l compiler -f compile-batch prompt.jl
error--> (void-value prompt-completion-fun)

But "prompt*" does:
$ sawfish --batch -l compiler -f compile-batch prompt*

Why?

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)