Re: Delete error handler? (was:Re: {IMPORTANT] README, Sawfish 1.6.0)

Teika Kazura said:     (by the date of Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:54:19 +0900 (JST))

> On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:02:59 +0100, Janek Kozicki wrote:
> > I'm pondering whether simply *deleting* completely this error_handler
> > would fix the problem? I think that maybe we don't need it at all,
> > because when a window gets an error and X closes it, it is sending also
> > a standard event about "This window is closed by X now, Event". And a
> > regular remove_window gets called.
> >
> > I'm pondering that maybe error handler tries to be "faster in closing
> > windows" than really necessary.
>
> When I tested, error handler is called after I close windows normally,
> too.  Is it assumed to be so? (Sorry if my question is stupid.)
> Teika (Teika kazura)

I don't know the answer, so your question isn't stupid :)

I am currently using 1.6.0 with error handler deleted (empty function
which returns 0), no problems so far.

On positive side, after sawfish restart a vertically maximized window
does not overlap rox-panel *most of the time*. I wonder how those two
might be connected? I mean - it happened once per 10 tries or such.