Re: sawfish development tools

* Timo Korvola <Timo Korvola iki fi> wrote:
> If all goes well you can now use "git-svn fetch" to update from
> svn and "git-fetch timo" to update from my repo.  You can
> compute diffs, e.g., "git-diff trunk timo/icon-refresh".  It
> should also be possible to do merges and other work with Git
> and push changes back to svn using "git-svn dcommit" but I have
> never tried that: I have only used Git to track projects where
> I don't have write access to svn.

I haven't tried this with git, but in bzr this works:

  $ bzr branch http://host/svn/repo
  $ cd repo
  $ vim foo
  $ bzr commit -m "edited foo"
  $ bzr push

The only user-visible difference from a regular branch is that a
"rebase" command is required if svn changed while the bzr user
was making changes.  And, well, the version graph is
conspicuously linear.

> it has to be said that gitk (the graphical history browser)
> rules.

True, that.  Gitk is so awesome that I've been trying to copy
some of its features into 'bzr vis'.  :)
A screenshot so far:

  http://toykeeper.net/tmp/bzrk-with-diffs.png

For reference, here's gitk:

  http://lwn.net/images/ns/kernel/gitk.png