Re: trayer crashes sawfish

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Daniel Fetchinson
<fetchinson googlemail com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's a trayer or sawfish issue but will first ask you
> guys if anyone can reproduce the problem at all.

[...]

> Everything seems fine, the tray works and docks the icons (nm-applet,
> battery usage, skype, etc) but as soon as I press the middle mouse
> button on the background in order to bring up the sawfish main menu,
> sawfish crashes. This means that windows don't get focus, edge
> flipping stops working, etc. The only thing I can do is Ctrl+Alt+F1 to
> terminal mode, killall -9 trayer, Ctrl+Alt+F7 back to GUI mode and
> then observe that sawfish is still dead, the headers of the windows
> are black, etc. Then go back to terminal mode, killall -9 sawfish, and
> restart X.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1. Does anybody use trayer + sawfish?
> 2. If yes, does it work properly?

I can't say that I use it, but tested here under Xephyr with a clean
configuration and the root menu pop up without crashing Sawfish
(Debian Sid). Didn't tried much else tho...

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotxephyron20ctrzx5.png

--
Andrea