Re: Tabs bug: inactive tabs being overlapped

* Fernando <ferkiwi gmail com> wrote:
> I think I've fixed this issue.

Nifty.

> maybe it is possible for the user to not want the window raised
> after getting focus (although I'm not so sure if this is really
> an option in sawfish..).

Yes, I use sawfish this way.  I don't want windows raised or
lowered unless I hit a raise/lower button.

However, I don't think I have any reason not to keep each group
stacked together.  If I raise one window in the group, I don't
mind the rest getting raised (so long as their relative order is
preserved).

The same might go for lowering, but it would remove one useful
side effect.  If I lower a window, the next most-recently-used
window in the group will become visible.  But if they're lowered
together, the entire group may disappear beneath some other
window.  This is a really minor thing, though.

> I've attached here my version of the tab script.

I'll start testing the changes shortly.

> I've changed "tabgroup.jl" to use the already existing "window
> groups" in sawfish.

Awesome.  I've been meaning to do the exact same thing.  I always
wondered why the original author didn't use sawfish's existing
window groups, but ... I've never really known what those window
groups were for.

> I can't see how someone would ever want to use groups and tabs
> simultaneously and independently (since groups are just like
> tabs that are not attached to each other).

What do groups actually do?  Who uses them?

> ..or making a window match (e.g.  making all terminals be
> tabbed/grouped right when they are created, just like fluxbox).

Interesting.  I can see a few useful things to do with that...

It would be very handy to make new windows go into the
currently-focused group if the title (or part of the title)
matches.  I have to manually group Dillo windows.

Anyway, this is good progress.  :)

-- Scott