Re: Sawfish bug on title changes

Eli Barzilay <eli barzilay org> writes:
> It turns out that the atom that is received when this happens is
> "UTF8_STRING", which is omitted from the above condition.

It appears that the bug is in your application rather than in Sawfish.
There is no mention of UTF8_STRING in the ICCCM.  The valid types for
text are COMPOUND_TEXT, STRING and C_STRING.  The latter does not
specify an encoding and is thus inappropriate here.  This leaves the
two types that appear in the if statement.

UTF-8 support is defined in the EWMH spec instead.  Applications can
use the properties _NET_WM_NAME and _NET_WM_ICON_NAME as UTF-8 encoded
replacements for WM_NAME and WM_ICON_NAME.  The WM should use the _NET
properties in preference to the traditional ones.  I am not sure if
Sawfish does that.  If not, that would be a bug in Sawfish.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>