Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox pre-release, and landing of generic audio player write support

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 14:54 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 2/5/07, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
> > * Many cover art improvements, including:
> >         + support for art from URIs (podcasts etc)
> >         + art in tray icon tooltip and notification bubble
>
> I'm still noticing that RB is not picking up on some of my cover art
> for files tagged with MusicBrainz data. The same files show the cover
> art correctly in Banshee. Should this be working in RB, or does it not
> implement MBz lookups?

Rhythmbox currently searches Amazon using the Artist and Album names,
whereas banshee looks up the ASIN (Amazon id) via MusicBrainz - which
gives different results.

In general the method Banshee uses gives better results, so we should
probably change to doing that too. It shouldn't be too hard (changing
plugins/artdisplay/artdisplay/AmazonCoverArtSearch.py), but no-one has
worked on it yet.

> Also, the X image that shows up with no cover art is a bit
> distracting. I'd expect that it'd just disappear and show nothing.
> Should I file a RFE on that?

That was a bug, which I fixed in SVN last night.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
We all enter the world in the same way: naked... screaming... soaked in
blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have