Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox pre-release, and landing of generic audio player write support

On Tue, 2007-06-02 at 14:54 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 2/5/07, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
> > Notable changes since 0.9.7:
> > * support for copying tracks to generic MP3 players

I've been trying to test this feature out, and whenever I drag a song to
the mp3 player source, I get a message in the debug log like:

(12:49:19) [0x80f0078] [impl_paste] rb-removable-media-source.c:295:
failed to find acceptable mime type for file:///home/adam/music/Eve%
206/It's%20All%20In%20Your%20Head/Eve%206%20-%20Good%20Lives.mp3

I'm using a Samsung YP-U1. The HAL device manager reports that
portable_audio_player.output_formats is "audio/mpeg, audio/x-ms-wma,
application/ogg, audio/x-wav". I've tried with mp3, ogg, and m4a files,
and all do the same thing. Is it a problem with the HAL info, or is it a
rhythmbox issue?

> This is great! My hacked-up bash script might disappear yet!
>
> > * Many cover art improvements, including:
> >         + support for art from URIs (podcasts etc)
> >         + art in tray icon tooltip and notification bubble

I've noticed that with the Jamendo plugin (which IIRC uses the new URI
cover art method), whenever a new song starts playing, the cover art
briefly starts to fade back to the "no cover art" image, before going
back to the proper cover.

This is all using yesterday's SVN.

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg
ALWAYS      - http://www.musiccreators.ca/
BUILDS      - http://www.ubuntu.com/
ON THE PAST - http://www.theopencd.org/
--

 Pardon this fortune.  Database under reconstruction.