Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Whatever happened to the merge tree?

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 23:37 +0300, ÐÐÐÑÐÑ ÐÐÐÑÑÐÑÐÐ wrote:
> What happened to the merge tree, and all it's nice features? Is there a
> cvs repository that serves such purposes now?

The merge branch existed because there wasn't any activity on the main
repository. A lot of it's features are in cvs, some are being worked on
and there could have been something that's been forgotten.

At the moment we have cvs head, plus what people post to the mailing
list or submit to buzilla. If there is something in particular missing
from cvs, which was in the merge branch, feel free to ask about it - and
someone should be able to either a) point out who is working on it, or
b) give some kind of reason why it hasn't been worked on.

> And what about integrating those features into the trunk? Like the
> excellent lirc support, and the queue and cover art support. I've
> checked 0.90 breafly, and it didn't have such features. It had a "queue"
> playlist, which, when pressed froze rhythmbox for about 20 seconds, and
> the songs didn't dissapear from it (not to mention that the only way to
> place songs in the queue was to drag them there).

The queue and cover art support are being work on my various people, to
get them in shape for cvs. I'm not so sure about lirc support; there was
a patch posted to the mailing list a few days ago but, as I'm not a lirc
user, I don't know if it has everything that was in the merge branch.

The "queue" playlist you saw was probably just the playlist that the
merge branch uses to run the queue, which Rhythmbox treated as a normal
playlist. I have no idea why it would have frozen for 20 seconds.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Once one has achived full endarkenment, one is happy to have an
entirely nonfunctional computer" -- Steve VanDevender, ASR