[Rhythmbox-devel] Whatever happened to the merge tree?

I seem to have been out of the loop for a long time.

What happened to the merge tree, and all it's nice features? Is there a
cvs repository that serves such purposes now?

And what about integrating those features into the trunk? Like the
excellent lirc support, and the queue and cover art support. I've
checked 0.90 breafly, and it didn't have such features. It had a "queue"
playlist, which, when pressed froze rhythmbox for about 20 seconds, and
the songs didn't dissapear from it (not to mention that the only way to
place songs in the queue was to drag them there).